Rebirth


 The nights grew darker,

yet somehow
they began to shine.

My life once felt
like a long descent into shadows,
each day heavier than the last.
But darkness, I learned,
is not the end—
it is a womb.

At the edge of my breaking,
I found light.
Not waiting for me—
but rising from within me.

I gathered myself
from the ruins of yesterday,
washed my wounds with patience,
and whispered kindness
to the parts of me
that were forgotten.

I gave myself a rebirth. 

The glow I carry now
is not borrowed from the sun—
it is earned,
forged in silence,
polished by pain,
protected by peace.

I walk lighter now.

Closer to light each day.
Closer to myself.

I left behind
what stole my breath,
what dimmed my soul,
what asked me to shrink
for comfort.

And in choosing peace,
I chose life.

I am glowing day by day—
not because the dark is gone,
but because
it no longer owns me. 

                                             KULSOOM AFZAL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Hurt

The start of a new journey, a new me within

They Couldn’t See Me Bloom