Unseen Threads


 

"Unseen Threads"

Sometimes I feel you,
Not in the world’s noise,
But in the quiet between my thoughts.
Like a whisper from a place I can’t reach,
But know too well.

It’s as if our souls—
Despite everything—
Still hum on the same silent frequency.
I breathe… and somewhere,
It feels like you do too.

Even in your absence,
There are moments when
Your presence wraps around me like mist—
Not warm, not cold—
Just… familiar.

I don’t know if it’s memory,
Or something deeper.
But sometimes,
It feels like we're still talking
In the language of the unseen.

Yet with every pull,
I remember the pain—
The harsh words, the cruel eyes not yours,
But ones you never shielded me from.

And then I let go.
Not of the love,
But of the hurt it carried.
Because even soul ties
Deserve peace.

                                        Kulsoom Afzal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Hurt

The start of a new journey, a new me within

They Couldn’t See Me Bloom